Yayyy! Spring is finally here! It’s time to add a splash of color to your home and brighten everything up. Let’s send the old winter blahs and blues packin’ and let’s usher in the longer days, warmer temps and perky sunshine with a good old-fashioned home brightening! What’s a “home brightening” you ask? Well, Grasshopper, thanks for asking!
Of course, spring is also a great time to do a thorough cleaning of your home, but that’s fodder for another article. Today we’re talkin’ about the fun stuff: How to make your home feel cheerful and fresh, just like the weather is affecting our energy and minds. You could also refer to them as “spring decorating ideas”.
Top Ten Tips for Making Your Home Feel Fresh and New:
1) Let the outside in. As soon as the first quasi-warm day hits, open your windows and let in some fresh air. You will be amazed at how great it feels and smells!
2) Treat yourself to a bouquet of flowers. You deserve it. Get a bunch of tulips or daffodils or any other flower that is bright and makes you feel great.
(Image: Ryan McVay / Photodisc / ThinkStock)
3) Buy some bright throw pillows for your sofa and chairs. This signals that spring has come to your home. Put your heavy winter throw blankets away for the season (or until the next cool snap).
4) Open your blinds and curtains every morning to let every ray of sunshine in! The bright light is great for your mood and life-sustaining for your plants.
5) Get outside and get some exercise. This will improve your outlook and help you to see that you have a great place already. Getting some sun (not more than 20 minutes without sunscreen) on your skin allows your body to manufacture Vitamin D, which is vital to your health and wellbeing.
6) Buy some essential oils and a diffuser and let the healing aroma of frankincense or lavender (or any of your faves) waft through your home. Essential oils have great healing qualities and smell great. They can protect you so you stay healthy, or help you bounce back from minor ailments.
7) Get a few house plants to improve your indoor air quality and bring life to your home. Plants help to clean the air in a room and add color. Why wouldn’t you want some plants?
8) Rearrange your living room and/or bedroom. This is a surefire way to freshen the look of any room.
(Image: Jupiterimages / Photos.com / ThinkStock)
9) Get some fun and colorful candles to brighten any room. This adds that splash of color and something new to make the room look like it got an upgrade.
10) Hang cheerful towels in your bathroom. The color will freshen up the look of your powder room. You might want to go all out and add a new soap dispenser or add other accents to the room to make it feel new and fresh.
Following just a few of these tips will definitely brighten your home and mood and help you to shake off winter for another year. It’ll be back, but for now, enjoy!